Saturday, December 24, 2011

Retrospection and Introspection

Looking back at 2011 its a classical year of mixed feelings.2011 was (cannot use a past tense yet but still) a wonderful year without any doubt. The best part of the year being spending almost 3 full weeks with my sister (something which I had longed for 8 never ending years) athimber and little manas. I would love to remember 2011 for the amazing treks. 4 wonderful treks with really awesome people. Most times we did not reach the end point. The treks made me realize the importance of the enjoying the journey rather than the end point. The next best part of 2011 would be my year in the factory. For long I had imagined myself to be the exact same as the character Anbarasu portrayed by Madhavan in Anbe Sivam. I overcame my taboos and learnt to look at people beyond their fake accents and smart dressing. This one year I spent with the welders of Caterpillar India's fabrication line. I made a bunch of amazing friends among them, though Im not sure if I will be ale to stay in touch with those folks.

While talking about the best parts of 2011 I cannot afford to miss the Summer of 2011 (had I had some talent I should have written a song) . Left to fend for myself this summer, I had a whale of a time with Charu, Anand, Mukund and Srikant aka Thenavan. Those crazy eat outs, night outs, beach outings and alll sorts of crazy fun made the summer among the most memorable and crazy ones till date.

As previously stated 2011 was not without its share of woes. The biggest being the fact that Adith, Anand and Charu left for US, within a months span of each other. A fellowship which lasted close to 20 years was broken. First time ever I actually felt sick about being in Chennai.

Apart from this random vexatious incidents like seeing extremely undeserving people taking very responsible positions at work and having to suffer the agony of travelling a 100 kms everyday defined the low points of 2011.

On the whole 2011 was an amazing year where i made and lost friends.

looking forward to a more crazy and fulled 2012.

1 comment: